)? ?dark? ?g: 4.3 (6 Ratings)??40 Grabs Today. 4377 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???
????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Loveletters - Just do it




Last weekend I thought long and hard about my wife and how much i loved her and thought to myself, Im going to write her a loveletter and post it so she will recieve it in the post and smile.


I haven't done anything like this since i was about 10 and stared at the blank piece of paper and couldnt think of what to say. Now i used to be great at english at school, I have 2 A-levels to prove it so i know i can write, but I sat there for 30 minutes thinking what would should i say or what shouldnt i say.




How do you tell someone that has given birth to your daughter, looked after your other 2 daughters from the age of 4 and they treat her like a 2nd mum, gives in to my every whim, puts up with me going up mountains going for hours on end, and still manages to work full time as well that you simply love them.




Tricky...... So how do you know when you love someone. So I came up with these guidelines and hope it will put everybody in good stead as a friend of mine has recently broken up from her boyfriend of 4 years.


So here goes, I am not going to preach and this is my own personal opinion. Use them, dont use them, but at least read them and then hopefully you will know the signs when it hits you or you might relate to what im saying.




I can never sleep alone without my wife


When we argue, I always crack first and say sorry


You always call each other by a silly nickname that only the pair of you know.


I always want to do things that surprise her to see her smile


I love cooking for her


I always want to hold her hand in public


I still find her very sexy even when shes just woken up


I love hearing her laugh


I clean her car for her


I always make her tea first thing in the morning


I hate seeing her crying


When her blue eyes look at me, I still want to marry her, even though I am


When she rings me I ALWAYS answer


I get butterflys 10 minutes before she gets home from work.


I know everything about her, from what chocolate she likes to what order she does her make up.


I know exactly what she likes in bed because we talk.


I love seeing her face when I play with our daughter and she laughs.


I iron her shirts for her when shes late for work.


I always want to spend 99% of my time with her.


Im always dreaming up ideas how to please her.


I love buying underwear for her


We both love art and I love seeing her face when she says something she likes or excites her.


I love to dance with her




There are many more things but I felt I was getting too gushy, but I was thinking, there are so many types of love, they way you love your family, they way you love your friends, they way you love yourself, but I think it takes a long time to really know true love, and that yes when you meet someone there is the physical attraction but the love really does come a lot later. I have been in many relationships where I KNOW now that it was not love, it was lust, infatuation, or just loneliness. So being the ripe old age of 38 I feel content knowing that I am in love and would advise anybody who reads this to do somthing that makes your partner smile, not to rush into anything as it will find you eventually and just enjoy the moments until they make you stop smiling. As for the love word, dont say it unless you really mean it as it seems everybody says it to each other without actually thinking waht it should mean, so dont cheapen it!!






As for my letter, it took me quite a while but i got there eventually, and I recommend doing it as just like blogging, its very therapeutic to get things off your chest and to all of you who are not sure if you are in love- do something about it, or it will disappear over the horizon.




I shall leave you with this thought:




Love is a temporary madness.


It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.




This is my favourite description of love - Captain Correllis Mandolin












0 comments: